As of this writing, our organic website traffic is averaging 659 visits per day (January 1 through March 31, 2022). This is down from a daily average of 1,029 two years ago (same time period 2020).
Our initial discussions revealed the following:
- Our SEO in-house specialist tells me we have run out of keywords.
- We currently have 2,376 combined pages and posts on the site (hereafter simply referred to as pages).
Fixing Content Bloat
The first thing we’ll do is remove content that is not performing well in the hopes that quality over quantity will help our overall SEO and domain authority.
Applying the 80/20 rule reveals that 119 of our pages accounts for 80% of our traffic (based on the past 6 months traffic). However, removing 2,257 pages (95% of our overall content) does not seem a reasonable option. So, we’ve opted to remove any page that has been visited fewer than 10 times in the past 6 months. This will result in removing (archiving) 1,779 pages, leaving 597 pages on the site.
As of this writing (April 25, 2022), that’s the plan. I will update this in the coming weeks as we complete this part of the process.
Dealing with SEO Limitations
This is in the investigation stage. I will try to find out:
- What keywords we currently rank for
- Whether we can rank better for those keywords
- Whether we can expand and increase our target keywords
More information coming . . .
This is journal. And it’s live. Thanks for your patience. Meanwhile, see About Us and FAQs.